Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Genting Trip(Day 1 and 2)

Day 1 (31Dec2009)

My family left house at around 8am but had to U turn back while on the way to the checkpoint because dad forgot to bring his jacket down. As we know, Genting is quite cold especially at night and that is why he has to go back and get it, but fortunately we were just on our way to toa payoh, not too far from our place and had to spend like another 30mins extra just to get back to home to get his jacket, sis Hazel went up too and I asked her to bring along my sunscreen, forgetful me forgotten to put it in my bag. Sunscreen is so important so must bring! We sat in the car like about 6 hours before we reached there.


It was already 3pm when we got there and we slacked a little and waited for dad and mum to come up to go for dinner together with my aunt at about 630pm. We went to Ying Hua Gong and had some chinese dishes. I did not take any pictures of the dishes because they were just some common chinese dishes. What we had were fried fish with vegetable, tofu with mix variety of dishes, kai lan, Sichuan cai tang, chicken-those they steamed and they were quite tender and also ostrich meat-this was great! Haa.

The desserts that were served were peanut paste, I had quite a few spoonful and mum had to finish the rest for me because they were too sweet. Other than that, sis had guilingao, dad had mango pudding and aunt had mango sago. Theirs seemed nicer than mine, should have ordered the guilingao myself.



Before going back to the hotel, we went to starbucks to check out some of their coffee and tea but sis didn’t want to have any because she scared cannot sleep. I'm a person who can sleep with coffee or tea but we wanted their internet connection as sis had her ipod touch and I brought my lappy along but we wanted to rest and went up to catch some tv programs first.

Our hotel(first world's clubroom)


view from the hotel..

So to end off the day, we counted down in my aunt's hotel room because she claims from there can see fireworks, but the fog was so thick that we couldn't really see them so in the end, had to run out along the corridor to view it at the end of the corridor, but can only see a little. Still, Singapore's fireworks is better, because no fog and can also see certain shapes rather than just the normal round ones.

Not so good fireworks because of the fog.




Lets welcome the year 2010! =)



Day 2(01012010)

We stayed at the First World hotel clubroom at the top level, 24th so basically we had free breakfast at a place that served free breakfast till 11am and woke up quite early for it, we went there at around 8am and after that, we went back to the hotel and rested for awhile and packed up to leave for Genting Hotel as we will be staying there for another two nights. My auntie booked First World Hotel for the very first night to see fireworks basically.


Waited for awhile to check in as we have to wait for our auntie to pack and walk all the way from First World to Genting Hotel which is quite a distance. While waiting, I went to have a scoop of Baskin Robbins's Frolick in the flavour of Blue Raspberry. It's quite nice and in awhile, my tongue turned blue. LOL.


niceee..


Once we entered the hotel, there was a nice fragrance that I think the hotel staff sprayed and we actually felt that Genting Hotel is much cozier than First World Hotel.

Had lunch at the Pizza Café at Genting Hotel and the bill amounted to 93++ringgit. It was quite fulfilling and we had to take away a little because we couldn’t finish.

I spend most of my day 2 in Genting studying because I have two understanding test to handle right after my trip. So I spent some time studying and also relaxing while sis used my laptop to watch two movies, Astro Boy and also Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. Took these two movies from my brother because I know she will watch these kind of movies.

While she was watching those movies, I slept for awhile because I was quite lethargic after studying for awhile.

Dinner was spent in the hotel with fried rice and hor fun. Not room service, but mum took away for us.






will be blogging on day 3 and 4 after my genetics UT on friday.
scored an A for medical technology ut2. *jumps around!*
=) do well do well pat!!


No comments: